The following lesson provides the list of adjectives that start with F in English with example sentences. This list is an excellent starting point for building up vocabulary to converse fluently in English.
Adjectives that Start with F
List of Adjectives Beginning with Letter F
- The part of the brain is called the fusiform region.
- The fusible alloy will prevent the disk from rupture if it remains in place.
- All the lights in the classrooms have fused.
- The bine is comprised by cerebral cortex, xylem and fungous marrow.
- It is suitable for barbecue, beef and mutton and fungoid.
- He stared at the visitors beneath a furrowed brow.
- There was a huge tapestry on the furthest wall.
- The kettle was furred up.
- They furnished their house with red carpets.
- Oh no! I mean fuscous jacket I’m wearing, Your Royal Highness.
- The cold has frosted the windows.
- The enemy made a frontal attack on our troops.
- The regiment was ordered to the front.
- The frolicsome tempest baffled all its efforts.
- The look in his eyes became furtive.
- She lived a careful and frugal life.
- He frustrated his enemies in their plans.
- I felt fat and frumpy.
- Our Mary looked very frumpish.
The wine has a lively fruity flavour.
- In the furthermost corner sat a tall thin man.
- We travelled further inland the next day.
- The moss was soft and furry to the touch.
- He addressed the group in funereal tones.
- I hate going to funerary.
- The work is funded by the government.
- The fugitive had spent five weeks in hiding.
- The elevator was not functioning.
- I was fumbling for the right word.
- He has fulfilled the orders that I gave him.
- The apple trees are fruiting early this year.
- I found the delays intensely frustrating.
- This mixed product has a strong fungicidal action.
- The industry’s heavyweights, too, are working to make computing more fungible.
- This is a fungal infection of the brain.
- The furniture is not fancy, just functional.
- We had a lot of fun at Sarah’s party.
- The smouldering wreck fumed for days.
- It was a fruitless search.
- I was disgusted by her fulsome flattery.
- The clinical course is fatally fulminant with diffuse invasion and early metastasis.
- I’m sorry. We are quite full tonight.
- My heart shakes consumingly when I saw the word with fulgurous visitor.
- The dog was frothing at the mouth.
- The air had a frosty bite.
- The screen suddenly went fuzzy.
- He died alone and friendless.
- I felt frozen to the marrow.
- The fugacious past destined to be my single vermilion mark.
- The economic boom was fueled by easy credit.
- He sat frowning over a crossword puzzle.
- We had a long, happy, fruitful relationship.
- In fuggy summer, the wind from the worn proof brings a bit of cool here.
- You can call it a scar reminding me of the recovery of a particularly bad fugal infection.
- The legislation has a fundamental weakness.
- The present invention is the application of plant fruticose breynia juvenile extract with mosquito repelling effect in preparing mosquito repelling products.
- Beat the mixture until it becomes frothy.
- His hat sits high on his forehead to allow his fringy bangs to show and the bottom of his ears also.
- The bridal veil was fringed with lace.
- He’s a freshman at Harvard.
- She gave fresh momentum to the campaign.
- She fried the eggs in a frying pan.
- I feel quite frisky this morning.
- The chain has fretted into the wood and damaged it.
- The child was tired and fretful.
- I’ve always wanted to be a frilly bloomer!
- The remains gradually fossilized.
- You are free to do what you like.
- Her face was freckled all over.
- He got the job of science teacher by fraudulent means.
- It’s his fourth season as an Arsenal defender.
- Some people have naturally frizzy hair.
- He nodded to me in a friendly way.
- The timing of the meeting is certainly fortuitous.
- I think he sees her as a frivolous young woman.
- The body is used to play fortissimo through the shoulders, as discussed above.
- The thought of frilled him with fear.
- She was murdered in a frenzied knife attack.
- There’s no need to look so fraught!
- The clouds fragmented and out came the sun.
- It generated much excitement and frenetic activity.
- Shall we apply to fraternal factories for help?
- The guard looked at us with a frigid stare.
- He made a frightful mess in the kitchen.
- The situation was getting quite frightening.
- The alarm frightened the thief away.
- The group meets fortnightly on Tuesdays.
- There is a frictionless hinge at C.
- It is the rate of frictional and structural unemployment.
- The futuristic sports stadium is the pride of the city.
- It was forty five minutes before she returned.
- She is fortunate in having such a kind husband.
- She forced her weary fuddled brain to work.
- I also think it will match your frowzy room.
- He is a futurist philosopher and neo con activist.
- He is optimistic about the future.
- It would be futile to protest.
- His frail hands could hardly hold a cup.
- You are a frequent visitor at my house.
- They worked with frantic haste.
- He held a furled umbrella in one hand.
- It’s a funky sort of rhythm.
- I know how the funicular is operating.
- The sediments are characteristically very fossiliferous.
- This fossil may be over 2 million years old.
- They’re for freeborn Volantenes with enough property to vote. Precious few voters west of the river.
- They fortified the area against attack.
- He fuzzed up the plot line with a lot of emotional nonsense.
- Nothing could be solved through fragmental ideas.
- The thin glass is fragile.
- I’ll be frank with you.
- These devices take the form of frangible disks or pressure relief valves.
- I keep meaning to get that photo framed.
- He used to work fourteen hours a day.
- There was a fractional hesitation before he said yes.
- She is not fussy about her food.
- I was furious when he crashed my car.
- It’s funny how people always remember him.
- This blanket smells a bit fusty.
- She has a gentle forgiving nature.
- He’s been freelance for several years.
- She perfumed her bath with fragrant oils.
- His knowledge of the subject is fragmentary.
- Notice that of the plosives and fricatives there is one voiceless set and one voiced set.
- The soil was dark and friable between her fingers.
- The silver and gold are a freewill offering to the LORD, the God of your fathers.
- He had frayed the bottom of his jeans.
- The foul smell made her gag.
- The bishop helped foster the sense of a community embracing all classes.
- It was an easily forgivable mistake.
- This city is close to the fortieth parallel of north latitude.
- These people have forfeited the right to live in society.
- The movie was kind of freaky.
- It was a freehand sketch.
- He had wary, foxy eyes.
- I’ve forgotten my umbrella – what a nuisance!
- Flossing is no longer freakish.
- The men of Bethlehem and Netophah, an hundred fourscore and eight.
- I’ll give you a fourpenny one if you do not behave better.
- Let’s have dinner on the fourteenth.
- We have formed a football team.
- The most formative period of life is childhood.
- General should be resolved and foresighted.
- The text was dull and formulaic.
- The foregoing examples illustrate this point.
- The crew lashed down the cargo on the fore deck.
- The other crucial part is formalized child care.
- It is formalistic and impracticable to require that everyone read such works.
- I muttered like a fractious housewife.
- The value of the house has increased fourfold.
- I’ve been forgetful lately.
- In the old days, people were fogyish, the new age people are very fashionable.
- There was no indication of forcible entry.
- It is supported on octagonal ribbed piers with tiny foliated capitals.
- She began folding up her embroidery.
- He gained a reputation as a forceful member of the party.
- We were forced urgently to redeploy our forces.
- He had a rather forbidding, saturnine manner.
- It was hot and I was footsore.
Adjectives that Start with F | Infographic